Friday, March 2, 2012

Self Assessment #2

1.My peer review was helpful in that it showed me where I needed to tie my claims together for what he referred to as a "late game" claim. I think this was vital to bring my essay together and connecting Kohl's essay and Pratt's essay. The two ideas are important to each other because they bring together the groups who are unwilling to learn and the groups trying to teach them and putting then in the context of a contact zone. It almost made me see the Contact zone as a kind of problem solver. Also thanks for the punctuation tips =)

2. I will be writing an entire new essay and I think i have found a direction that is more focused. I will be discussing the group, Anonymous and their effect on the internet legislation and foundation of certain bills moving their way through congress. I will be discussing how and why Anonymous is creating a viral contact zone between internet users and the government. I have not yet decided what the third essay i will be using is but i hope to figure that out over the weekend. I would also like to make note that i will be using a few outside news article in  relation to my topic and the essay ideas as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment