Friday, January 27, 2012

Self Assessment #1

So far in this English 101 class I have been doing decently. The one thing that i have been struggling with in this class is the due dates and definitely the time that the class starts. Lately I have been struggling with getting to class 2 minutes sooner than I have been. I have learned to be on top of my dates and get things posted on time. I realize that this might not be a good example of that. I have also learned that making a claim and having a thesis are two different things, formulating claims is a lot harder than i originally thought. I have definitely become better at reading and analyzing. My ability to think critically has increased and I have become much better at analyzing literature. In the next half of the course i hope to continue learning about Engfish. I think that the idea that people write for a grade instead of writing to analyze and think critically is very important because I myself was once a victim of Engfish. This course has given me the ability to stray away from Engfish and be more comfortable about it. I couldn't say that there is anything that I am looking forward to learning in this course. But i am excited to keep reading about the school and education subject matter that we have been into recently. I hope that i see more ted talks in the future because they are very informative and i love listening to lectures.

Overall I have  had a great time in this course. I hope to continue having a good time and hope i can make it at 10:00 and not 10:02

No comments:

Post a Comment